- Which of these gases has the highest "greenhouse factor" (highest
absorption of infrared radiation per molecule)?
- carbon dioxide (CO2)
- nitrogen (N2)
- Oxygen (O2)
- Methane (CH4)
- Water Vapor
- Where is global warming expected to have the largest impact?
- in the oceans
- at high latitudes like the arctic
- at mid latitudes light the Great Plains
- at equatorial latitudes
- at high altitudes in the atmosphere
- The concentration of carbon dioxide has increased by how much
since pre-industrial times?
- I personally find that the data on worldwide temperature increases is
- unconvincing; we are still likely in a natural climate cycle
- marginally convincing; I think there is slight evidence for
small tempearature increases
- compelling; the signature of global warming is unambiguous
- overwhelming and obvious
- I believe the main source of atmospheric build up of CO2 is due to
- respiration of humans
- energy generation for industrial uses
- driving of automobiles
- natural effects associated with an interglacial period
- If we stopped all activities today, approximately how long would it take for the
atmospheric CO2 level to return to preindustrialized times?
- 10 years
- 50 years
- 200 years
- 500 years