Turn your assignment in via email to the graders:
Here are the questions:
Provide some information in response to the following questions. This
is best done by using an Internet
search engine and typing in a key
word or phrase related to the question.
- What was the COBE mission of NASA and what were its main results?
What is the MAP mission and how will it improve upon the COBE results?
- Recently a mission known as BOOMERANG has made quite a bit of
press by claiming its measurements show that the Universe is flat?
What was the BOOMERANG mission and what did it actually measure? How
was this different than what COBE measured?
- What is a neutrino and why might it be cosmologically relevant?
What is the Solar Neutrino Experiment and why are its results
- Astronomers have recently determined the average "color" of
the Universe. What is this color, what is it a measure of and
how will this color evolve in the future?
- What is the Hubble Deep Field and why are astronomers excited about it?
- What is a gravitational lens? Find a URL that shows an image of a gravitational lens.
this resource provide an overview of Aristotle's notion of an
ordered Universe as well as an overview of the Ptolemaic model.