Some Suggested Term Projects.
Date Due: March 20
- Characterize how our impression of large scale structure
has changed over the last 25 years. Is their any reason to
believe we now have a fair sample?
- Examine the implications of Modified Newtonian Dynamics on
small and large scale phenomenon which is observed.
- Critically examine the evidence that suggests their might
be a non-zero Cosmological Constant
- Critically summarize research being done on the
Hubble Deep Field as it pertains to galaxy formation and
- Critically summarize our attempts to dynamically infer the
value of the mass density of the Universe from studieds of
large scale streaming motions. See Strauss and Willick (1995 -
Physics Reports) for a starter.